Goal Keeping Overview
A goalkeepers main role is to stop the ball from entering his/her net by using any part of their body. This offers many advantages as it’s the only position on the field in which the player can use their hands. The use of their hands requires a whole new skill set which must be implemented and taught correctly for the goalkeeper to become successful and safe in front of goal.
The goalkeeper is arguably the most difficult position on the field and not just a player that stands in front of goal, it’s the last line of defense and the first line of attack.
The Kickz Goalkeeping program has been designed by full time training professionals with vast experience and knowledge of the position. Our curriculum will demonstrate and teach basic skills and techniques essential for our young Goalkeepers.
GOALKEEPING CAMPS AND CLINICS
Kickz offers camps and clinics specifically for goalkeepers of all ages and levels of ability between the ages of 6 -16 years.
Players can work one on one, participate in an 8 week clinic during or complete the summer camp program.
Visit our camps and clinics pages for an updated schedule.
CLUB OR LEAGUE OPTIONS
Kickz Can provide a tailor made program for your club or soccer program. The can be one session or a full season program.
Contact Kickz at Kickzuk@gmail.com to inquire about our programs.
OUR GOALKEEPING OBJECTIVES
We aim to provide the following objectives into every training program we offer to our goalkeepers:
- Create an enjoyable and safe learning environment
- Improve technical and tactical skills
- To improve a players abilities and make the correct decisions
- Instill in players the desire to improve their performance
- Improve the players confidence levels
WE will achieve our objectives by:
- Creating a content structure that will reflect age, experience and ability
- Focus on as many touches of the ball as possible to create a ‘game speed’ mentality
- Attention to the improvement and development of basic techniques and skills, finding a balance of allowing play to continue and stopping the session for correction and coaching points.
- Application of techniques and decision making in small sided games.
- A regular debriefing and review with trainer.
- The implementation of the structure highlighted below: